Micro camera head
with dual-bulb out-front light can operate in 1 1/2" to 24" bores
The GeoVISION micro M4 (see
pictures below) offers you a one person, portable, color video, borehole logging
system. The hand operated winch, set up over the borehole ready to start logging,
weighs just 38 Lbs.
Depending on the options used, such as dive lights and
situational conditions such as the clarity of the water, one may view surfaces as much as
ten feet from the camera.
The system Includes
- Dual-bulb out-front light: (stainless steel) with
side-looking mirror ; uses a two 4.8V or 6V krypton flashlight bulb (5Watts)(1/4 pound)
- Color camera and housing: (1 1/2 pounds) Color
high-resolution (480 horizontal lines) CCD (0.1 Lux) all solid-state video camera (1/3
inch chip) (NTSC video) with 2.9 mm wide-angle (90°) fixed iris (f/1.8) lens and
associated circuitry, mounted inside water-proof housing.
- 1 1/8 inch O.D. X 13 inches (stainless steel water-proof
camera housing (pressure tested to 550 psi, equal to 1,280 feet underwater) (1,100 feet
[335 meters] maximum underwater working depth.) It operates in 1 1/2 inch [38 mm] to 24
inch [610 mm] bores.
- Centralizer attachment mounts above camera (CPVC plastic,
nylon & stainless steel)
- Winch: hand-operated with 825 feet of 1/4 inch PVC
sheathed Kevlar-reinforced coaxial cable (200 pound test), depth counter encoder for On
Screen Display (switchable to feet or meters), tripod (adjustable from 2 feet to 3.5 feet
in height) and VCR/TV mounting head. (37 pounds)
- Inverter: solid-state (300 Watt 12V DC to 120 VAC, 60 Hz
) with cigarette lighter plug and battery terminal clip cable. (Full system load = 85 W at
120 VAC) Inverter drain on the car battery at full system load = 6.5 AMPS at 13V DC.
- 25 foot extension cord (120 VAC) power
- Hand towel
- Digital8 VCR/4" LCD Monitor: Compact combination
Digital8 VCR with a 4 inch color monitor (NTSC) with sun shade, power cable & audio/
video cable. The Digital8 VCR can play back 8mm and Hi8 video tapes.
- Universal Input System power supply: (90-250VAC 50/60 Hz)
, Output (+42 VDC, +12 VDC, +8.5 VDC and +5 VDC)
- OSD box (mounted under winch base) with microphone
amplifier, tuner and On Screen Display circuitry (depth display switch to feet/ meters 1
foot increments) with Audio/Video and CH 3 or 4 outputs. The Channel 3 or 4 output can be
connected to a large screen TV or VHS VCR (NTSC)
- White 9 LED ring-light attachment: 9 permanent solid
state lights(PVC 1 5/8 inch diameter)
- Compass attachment: (mounts on ring-light head)
- Microphone: record comments as you video tape.
- System carrying case: foam lined (Polyethylene 25 inches
Width x 25 inches Length x 19 inches Height)
- Operator's manual
- Operational instructional tapes: in both VHS and 8mm
(NTSC video format)
- Two nylon soft sided storage bags for accessories and
- The system is designed to operate from a 90-250VAC 50/60
Hz power source. An inverter is supplied for 12V battery operation.
- Operating temperature: 32° F [0° C] to 100° F [37° C]
Shipping weight approximately- 90 lbs [41 kg]. With the
motor drive option approximately- 99 lbs [45 kg]
- We also offer (at additional cost) an optional cable
extension of 275 feet (84 meters) with storage reel, a splice clamp, and connectors. This
provides a maximum operating capability of 1,100 feet (335 meters)
- Motor Drive Option is available (at additional cost) to
power assist the winch. It comes with a speed & direction control unit and its own
power supply. The motor drive provides for smoother videos while lowering the camera. It
will also raise the camera, if there is less than 20 lbs of weight down the hole.
- A Motorized Side-Looking Mirror Option is available (at
additional cost) to provide a 360 degree side view of the bore walls in as small as 1
1/2" bores. The elliptical mirror rotates in 30 degree steps with a 2 second
stop at each step which provides a rotation free view at each step. The attachment
can be positioned close to the camera lens for a large side-view window in the video frame
or it can be slid away from the lens for a small side-view window allowing you to see
farther down the bore. The attachment is equipped with a dual-bulb light
source. A 24 white LED Ring-Light is also provided for use in 3" to 12"
bores. This light provides a more direct light source for looking into screens, voids
and fractures. The 9 LED Ring-Light that comes with system can also be used with the
Motorized Side-Looking Mirror attachment. A 'Y' power adapter is supplied so that both the
Motorized Side-Looking Mirror and a ring-light can be powered at the same time.
(Motorized Side-Looking Mirror attachment can be used on all previous micro cameras)
- A Dual Dive Light Option is available (at additional
cost) for use in large diameter bores. The attachment uses 2 dive lights that
contain their own battery power source and can be used in conjunction with other light
attachments. The lights are rated at 2000 foot pressure and will operate for
approximately 4 hours on a fresh set of 4 AA alkaline batteries. The attachment
clamp holds both dive light and allows them to be positioned anywhere along the body of
GeoVISION micro M4 has a one year Limited
Warranty on parts and labor. Specifications are subject to change without notification.
information, sales, brochures, demo tapes, and pricing on all of our products you may:
800-255-1353 toll free from the US and Canada, elsewhere 804-741-4274
- Fax 1-866-871-9646 or
- E-MAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
Micro camera head W/9 LED ring-light can
operate in 2" to 8" bores.
carrying case (top foam layer removed)
Optional motorized side-looking mirror
attachment (1 1/2" to 24" bore
Closer view of micro M4 system setup
Micro M4 system setup